Please review this list carefully. Gather all the required documentation together. Upon completion of the online application process, attach all documentation below and post to:
University of the People
Office of Admissions
225 S. Lake Ave. Suite 300
Pasadena, CA. 91101 USA
- Before mailing your forms, be sure to make photocopies for your records.
- Remember to check that you have signed the required forms and have included all documentation in your envelope.
- Please note that all submitted documents become the property of University of the People, and cannot be returned.
For further assistance or clarifications or if you are not sure you have the right documents – we are here to help you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Just complete your online application, collect your username and password first and then contact us.
- Cover Sheet – read, print and sign.
- High School Diploma and High School Transcript or its equivalent from a recognized institution in one of the following formats:
- An official copy of the diploma and transcript sent in a sealed envelope from an official authority (Ministry of Education, High School, etc.) directly to UoPeople.
- The original diploma and transcript.
- Photocopy of the original diploma and transcript, certified by a notary or by an official of the issuing institution. Documents must bear the original certifying stamps and signatures.
Non English Diplomas
A diploma and transcript in one of the formats mentioned above and in addition a full and accurate translation of the diploma and transcript into English, approved by an official authority or by a notary. This means that UoPeople must receive both a certified/notarized copy of your diploma(s) and transcript(s) in their original language, and notarized translations for each document. Translations should be accurate, word-for-word translations drafted by your Ministry of Education or by a professional translator or translation company.
Please note that all submitted documents become the property of University of the People, and cannot be returned.
English Language Requirements
UoPeople is an entirely English-speaking university. In order to undertake a program of study with us, you will need to demonstrate that you have a high level of proficiency in English.
Applicants whose native language is not English, or who graduated from an institution where English was not the primary language of instruction, must have a minimum IELTS score of 6.0, or a TOEFL score of 500, to be considered for an undergraduate program. English can only be considered your native language if it is an official language of your home country and the primary language spoken in your home.
Applicants who do not hold an IELTS or TOEFL qualification, or scored less than the minimum score required, and have met all other Admissions requirements, will be considered for admission for Accelerated English study.
Students taking Accelerated English would be required to successfully pass the course ENGL 0101 English Composition I with a grade of C or above. Students will have two attempts to take this course. If students are not able to successfully complete the course following two attempts, they will not be able to begin their studies as students at the university.
Your opportunity is here! To apply to University of the People, click here.