Please review this list carefully. Gather all the required documentation together. Upon completion of the online application process, attach all documentation below and post to:
University of the People
Office of Admissions
225 S. Lake Ave. Suite 300
Pasadena, CA. 91101 USA
- Before mailing your forms, be sure to make photocopies for your records.
- Remember to check that you have signed the required forms and have included all documentation in your envelope.
- Please note that all submitted documents become the property of University of the People, and cannot be returned.
For further assistance or clarifications or if you are not sure you have the right documents – we are here to help you at email@example.com. Just complete your online application, collect your username and password first and then contact us.
- Cover Sheet – read, print and sign.
- High School Diploma and High School Transcript or its equivalent from a recognized institution in one of the following formats:
- An official copy of the diploma and transcript sent in a sealed envelope from an official authority (Ministry of Education, High School, etc.) directly to UoPeople.
- The original diploma and transcript.
- Photocopy of the original diploma and transcript, certified by a notary or by an official of the issuing institution. Documents must bear the original certifying stamps and signatures.
Non English Diplomas:
A diploma and transcript in one of the formats mentioned above and in addition a full and accurate translation of the diploma and transcript into English, approved by an official authority or by a notary. This means that UoPeople must receive both a certified/notarized copy of your diploma(s) and transcript(s) in their original language, and notarized translations for each document. Translations should be accurate, word-for-word translations drafted by your Ministry of Education or by a professional translator or translation company.
Please note that all submitted documents become the property of University of the People, and cannot be returned.
English Language Requirements:
If the diploma and transcript with which you are applying are not from an institution where English was the primary language of instruction, you would have to provide a English Proficiency document to be considered for direct admission to your desired undergraduate program. If you are a non-native English speaker, or you graduated from an institution where English was not the primary language of instruction, please click here to view which English proficiency documents you may submit to be considered for admission to an undergraduate program.
If you are unable to send an English Proficiency document, we will still consider your application. If you are accepted at UoPeople, you will become an Accelerated English student, which means you will either be required to successfully complete the course ENGL 0101 English Composition 1 or an equivalent course as determined by the University, in order to proceed to your desired undergraduate program.
Students will have two attempts to take this course. If students are not able to successfully complete the course following two attempts, they will not be able to begin their studies as students at the university.
Your opportunity is here! To apply to University of the People, click here.